Friday, July 27, 2012

Home Almost 1-1/2 Years and Doing It Again...

Olivia has been home almost a year and a half. I can't believe it, yet I can't believe we were ever without her. She is pretty amazing and we are very blessed.

Olivia is now about 37 inches tall and weighs about 31 pounds. That an increase of 5 inches and 7 pounds since February 2011. She is mostly wearing her 3T clothing...wow!

We are having so much fun, that we are adopting again!  We were officially logged in to China on July 13 and today our agency locked in our match!

Yes, I said our match!  We've been waiting for a month to say this!  We have been matched with a beautiful 18 month old girl.  Her birthday is January 5, 2011, and she is beautiful, adorable, so many good things.

Our agency called us on Thursday, June 28, and said they had a referral for us to review - that was quite a surprise because we were still waiting for our USCIS pre-approval to be certified and our dossier to be sent off.  Dave and I got together and had lunch and talked, made an appointment for pediatrician to review (that day!) then went back to work, talked more, met with the doctor, thought and talked, thought and talked...luckily we had a trip planned for the weekend so we were stuck in the car and talked more...Tuesday, July 3, we made our decision and called our agency to accept.  We hadn't told anyone, so we texted a picture to the family members - they were all very surprised!

Then we sat and waited...our dossier was sent to China on July 9 and we were logged in July 13 - of course, we just found out today.  So celebration begins!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Chrisa, I have tears in my eyes. This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for your beautiful, growing family and can't wait to meet your girls! So much love to you all from our family.

    ReplyDelete